- Free standard delivery
- Best price guaranteed
- Fast same-day shipping
- Over 20 years experience
- Family-run business
BIM and JCT Contracts
This publication is no longer available. Please CLICK HERE to view our full JCT range.
|Out Of Print
|Format (Paperback, Hardback etc)
|Brand / Publisher
|Sweet & Maxwell
The aim of BIM and JCT Contracts is to:
- further the understanding of BIM related legal and contractual issues and suggest ways of approaching such issues in a collaborative and constructive way.
- provide practical, clear guidance to project participants and their professional advisers.
About BIM and JCT Contracts
- The practice note focuses on the use of BIM with the JCT Design and Build Contract (DB), as the most popular form of contract on projects employing BIM.
- It is produced by JCT’s BIM Working Group, specifically set up to address developments in BIM and its integration with construction contracts.
- JCT was the first contract authoring body to provide specific guidance on BIM and construction contracts, with the publication of its first BIM practice note in 2016, along with integrating specific BIM provisions into the 2016 Edition of JCT Contracts. BIM and JCT Contracts builds on those developments to provide more guidance for use on projects using BIM.
BIM and JCT Contracts is structured as follows:
- Part A - a commentary on BIM and the JCT Design and Build Contract 2016, pointing out provisions that may be most impacted by or relevant to a project using BIM. It provides suggestions on matters to bear in mind, including preparing and incorporating a BIM Protocol.
- Part B - sets out suggestions on the main topics that may sensibly be covered in a BIM Protocol.
- Appendix 1 – a checklist of typical items to be considered by the Employer and the Employer’s professional advisers in formulating the Exchange Information Requirements at pre-tender stage.
- Appendix 2 – Glossary of terms
- Appendix 3 - The Design and Build Contract clauses referred to in Part A for ease of reference.
- Bibliography to enable readers to further their knowledge and understanding.