- Free standard delivery
- Best price guaranteed
- Fast same-day shipping
- Over 20 years experience
- Family-run business
JCT Management Building Contract 2016 (MC)
|Format (Paperback, Hardback etc)
|Brand / Publisher
|Sweet & Maxwell
The JCT Management Building Contract is designed for construction projects where the employer appoints a management contractor to oversee the works. Construction is completed under a series of separate works contracts, which the management contractor appoints and manages for a fee. Management building contracts are suitable for projects procured via the management method.
Features of projects using a JCT Management Building Contract:
- Management Building Contracts are suitable for large, complex projects, where flexibility and an early start on site is required.
- The employer is responsible for the design, and this is usually supplied to the management contractor by the architect or design team working on the employer’s behalf. Often it is not possible to prepare full design information before work begins on site, and much of the design detail may be of a sophisticated or innovative nature involving proprietary systems or components designed by specialists.
- Works on management building contracts are carried out in packages and design is often completed in parallel to site activity, which allows for greater flexibility and more control for the employer over design.
- The management contractor employs works contractors to carry out the construction and the works contactors are directly and contractually accountable to the management contractor.
- Works can be carried out in sections.