- Free standard delivery
- Best price guaranteed
- Fast same-day shipping
- Over 20 years experience
- Family-run business
|Format (Paperback, Hardback etc)||A4|
|Brand / Publisher||BSI|
What is this PAS about?
To date, users of BIM (Building Information Modelling) have been slow to collaborate on sharing structured health and safety (H&S) information across project and asset lifecycles. This PAS aims to remedy that by providing guidance on applying H&S information through BIM processes and applications.
Who is this PAS for?
- Clients, asset investors, client representatives
- CDM defined designers and contractors
- All types of construction engineers
- Design and build contractors
- Specialist contractors and designers, including temporary works designers
- Project Managers
- Facility Managers
- Those in the construction industry supply chain
- Built asset operators
- Construction health and safety professionals
- BIM Managers and Information Managers
- Software developers and designers in the BIM field
- University Schools of Architecture and students of civil engineering
- Construction industry trade bodies that represent the above disciplines
Why should you use this PAS?
It specifies requirements for the collaborative sharing of structured H&S information throughout the project and asset life-cycles, supporting the development of structured H&S information for all construction projects progressively from the outset.
It provides guidance on how H&S information is produced, flows and can be used throughout the project and asset lifecycle. While all H&S risk information can be included within an information model, this PAS requires the contextualization and filtering of hazards and risks to prioritize the elevated risks and aspects that are safety critical.
It also sets out a framework (risk information cycle) for the application of H&S information through BIM processes and applications, although the principles and requirements of this PAS can be applied equally to non-BIM projects.
It specifies how to use H&S information to:
- Provide a safer and healthier environment for end-users
- Mitigate the inherent hazards and risks across the asset lifecycle
- Improve construction H&S performance, with fewer incidents and associated impacts
- Provide for clearer, more assured and relevant H&S information to the right-people at the right time
- Reduce construction and operational costs
NOTE 1: This PAS does not define or change the duties set out in any relevant statutory provisions nor does it cover commercial, operational or political risks nor risks which relate to security threats associated to projects, built assets, sites or personnel.