- Free standard delivery
- Best price guaranteed
- Fast same-day shipping
- Over 20 years experience
- Family-run business
|Format (Paperback, Hardback etc)||Paperback|
|Brand / Publisher||BSI|
BS 8558:2015 was developed to provide complementary guidance to the BS EN 806 suite of standards. Together, these documents provide best practice for the design, installation, alteration, testing, operation and maintenance of hot and cold water services for domestic use in buildings.
Who is this standard for?
- Anyone involved in the design, installation, testing, operation and maintenance of services
- Water companies
- Product manufacturers
- Installers of water supply services in the UK
Organisations with an interest in water supply services in the UK and organisations referring to BS 6700 would also benefit from referencing BS 8558.
Why should you use this standard?
BS 8558:2015 bridges the gap in the BS EN 806 suite of standards and the withdrawn BS 6700. It provides UK guidelines for the water supply services industry on all aspects of sampling and monitoring of hot and cold water services. It also gives guidance on underground pipework within the curtilage of a building.
What’s changed since the last update?
- BS 8558:2015 incorporates changes made in response to comments from BEAMA and has also been developed to work in conjunction with BS 8554:2015
- Recommendations for flushing and disinfection have been revised to link more closely with the revised HSE ACOP L8 and HSG274 Part 2
- It provides improved coverage of the control of Legionella, with references to PD 855468:2015 and to the HSE’s ACoP L8 and HSG274 Part 2
- The new edition of BS 8558 also includes as an informative annex - the pipe sizing calculations that originally appeared in BS 6700.