NEC3: Professional Services Contract Guidance Notes and Flow Charts
Details: Paperback.List Price (RRP): £37.00 (No VAT Payable)Save £1.85 with our 5% online discountOur Online Price: £35.15
Stock status: In stock (1 remaining)
Publication date: 01/04/2013
Publisher: Thomas Telford
Publication Status: Active
These guide notes explain the structure of the Professional Services Contract and the reasons for its provisions. They explain the "shell" of the contact and the need to provide important additional information such as the scope. The main options, dispute resolution options and the secondary options are all explained together with basis of appointing a consultant. Explanatory notes are then provided on individual clauses and worked examples are provided of contract data.
The second part of the book contains flow charts which set out the procedural logic of the 28 clauses that can be presented with benefit by flow charting.
OGC endorsement of NEC3
Construction Clients' Board endorsement of NEC3
The Construction Clients' Board (formerly Public Sector Clients' Forum) recommends that public sector organisations use the NEC3 contracts when procuring construction.
Standardising use of this comprehensive suite of contracts should help to deliver efficiencies across the public sector and promote behaviours in line with the principles of Achieving Excellence in Construction.
• Contract strategy
• The main Options
• Dispute resolution Options
• The secondary Options
Basis of the appointment of a Consultant
• Appendix 1 Sample form of agreement
• Appendix 2 Contract Data – worked example
• Appendix 3 Adaptation for subcontracts where a Contractor is employed under the ECC and wishes to appoint a Consultant under the PSC
• Appendix 4 Adaptation for subcontracts where a Consultant is employed under the PSC and wishes to appoint a Subconsultant under the PSC