JCT: Building Contract for a Home Owner/Occupier who has not appointed a consultant to oversee the work HO/B
Revised 2015 Edition
Details: Paperback.List Price (RRP): £32.40 (£27.00 Exc VAT)Save £0.65 with our 2% online discountOur Online Price: £31.75 (£26.46 Exc VAT)
Stock status: In stock (3 remaining)
Publication date: 30/03/2015
Publisher: Sweet & Maxwell
Publication Status: Active
Current version: HO/B 2005 (revised July 2009; revised March 2015)
* This contract is for a home owner/occupier who has not appointed a consultant to administer the contract. The customer deals directly with the contractor.
* It is suitable for small domestic building work, such as extensions and alterations.
* This is a consumer contract for a residential occupier; therefore it is excluded from the provisions of the Construction Act. However the contract does provide for adjudication in the event of a dispute between the home owner and the contractor. See Rules for Adjudication (HO/Adj) and explanatory notes
* The works are carried out for an agreed lump sum (including VAT), which can be paid in a single payment on completion, or agreed interim payments.
* Part 1 (The arrangements for the work) covers:
The work to be done, Planning permission, building regulations and party walls, Using facilities on the premises, Price, Payment, The working period, Product guarantees, Insurance, Working hours, Occupation and security of the premises, and Disputes.
* Part 2 (The conditions) covers:
Contractor’s responsibilities, Customer’s responsibilities, Health and safety, Changing the work details, Extending the working period, Payment, Contractor’s continuing responsibility, Bringing the contract to an end, Right to cancel, Insolvency, Other rights and remedies and Law of the contract.